Full course description
Time: 4 hours, 1 minute
Credit: 4.5 Learning BACB CEs (can be used for ethics)
This course does not include the 2022 BACB Ethical Standards update.
- Thomas Freeman, M.S., BCBA,
- Jose Martinez-Diaz, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: Highlights new BACB ethics code elements, changes in wording and items omitted in the move from the previous Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts and Professional Disciplinary and Ethical Standards to the new Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts provided by the BACB. Includes highlights of the changes from previous guidelines to the compliance code and practical uses as well as possible implications of these changes. Each of the code elements is examined and real life examples are provided for application. An emphasis is placed on new compliance code element 10.
- Describe the development of the new Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts as an evolution from the existing Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts and Professional Disciplinary and Ethical Standards.
- Provide a broad comparison between a list of the guidelines and the major compliance code elements.
- List the five general types of differences between the guidelines and the compliance code in in terms of wording or content.
- Describe some additional differences between Guideline 1.0 Responsible Conduct of a Behavior Analyst and Code Element 1.0 Responsible Conduct of Behavior Analysts.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 2.0 The Behavior Analyst’s Responsibility to Clients and Code Element 2.0 Behavior Analysts’ Responsibility to Clients.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 3.0 Assessing Behavior and Code Element 3.0 Assessing Behavior.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 4.0 The Behavior Analyst and the Individual Behavior Change Program and Code 4.0 Behavior Analysts and the Behavior-Change Program.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 5.0 The Behavior Analyst as Teacher and/or Supervisor and Code 5.0 Behavior Analysts as Supervisors.
- Describe the elimination of Guideline 6.0: The Behavior Analyst and the Workplace and any of its elements that are now addressed by the compliance code.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 7.0 The Behavior Analyst’s Ethical Responsibility to the Field of Behavior Analysis and Code 6.0 Behavior Analysts’ Ethical Responsibility to the Profession of Behavior Analysis.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 8.0 The Behavior Analyst’s Ethical Responsibility to Colleagues and Code 7.0 Behavior Analysts’ Ethical Responsibility to Colleagues.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 9.0 The Behavior Analyst’s Ethical Responsibility to Society and Code 8.0 Public Statements.
- Describe some of the differences between Guideline 10.0 The Behavior Analyst and Research and Code 9.0 Behavior Analysts and Research.
- Describe some of the differences between the guidelines and the Professional Disciplinary and Ethical Standardsversus Code 10.0 Behavior Analysts’ Ethical Responsibility to the BACB.
- Code elements 10.0 through 10.07.
- Describe and provide examples
- Given a situation, determine if the code element is being violated.
- Given a situation, choose an appropriate course of action.
Keywords: Ethics, compliance, code, standards, BACB, guidelines, ethical practice, professionalism
Rating: This course is recommended for BCBAs and BCaBAs, particularly those who were certified under previous ethical guidelines. This course is eligible for ethics CE credit. Designed for those practicing in the field of behavior analysis to maintain a professional and ethical practice.
This course is eligible for BACB ethics CEs.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)