Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Credit: 2.5 Learning CEs
- Tate McGhee, M.S., BCBA
- Featuring Dr. Jack Michael
Course Description: This interview with Dr. Jack Michael, conducted by Tate McGhee, is one of historical significance. Dr. Michael recalls chance events, B.F. Skinner, his thoughts on Science and Human Behavior and some of the family and friends who have shared his life. His stories of the past and his views of the future combine with his current interest in verbal behavior and motivation to fascinate viewers.
- Identify the first chance event affecting Jack Michael’s choice of vocation.
- Describe the specific influence that led Jack Michael toward Skinnerian thinking.
- List the four ways an individual learns to talk about private events.
- Describe the challenge Professor Myerson gave Jack Michael for behaviorism.
- Discuss the approach of cognitive psychology versus behavioral psychology on increasing exercise in stroke victims.
- Describe the nursery school coloring challenge and the outcome.
- Discuss the selection of problem behaviors at Saskatchewan State Psychiatric Hospital and the outcomes.
- Discuss the importance of the publication of "The Psychiatric Nurse as a Behavioral Engineer" in JEAB in 1959 (Ayllon & Michael).
- List and describe the two most significant events in behavior analysis in the last 35 to 40 years.
- Understand, according to Jack Michael, what the future of behavior analysis is.
Keywords: Jack Michael, Skinner, verbal behavior, behavior analysis, history, Science and Human Behavior
Rating: This course is recommended for any individual interested in behavior analysis. No prerequisites.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to add your certification number to your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
Refunds are not provided once a course has been accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)