Full course description
Time: 5 hours
Credit: 5.5 Learning CEs
Presenter: Mark L. Sundberg, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: This webinar presents a language assessment program (the VB-MAPP) that is based on Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior and the language acquisition milestones of typically developing children.
- Describe the pros and cons of traditional language assessment.
- Explain how Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior adds to existing assessment programs.
- Define and exemplify the basic elementary verbal operants (i.e., mand, tact, intraverbal).
- Complete a VB-MAPP milestone assessment.
- Complete a VB-MAPP barriers assessment.
- Complete a VB-MAPP transition assessment.
- Describe how to use the VB-MAPP task analysis and tracking system.
- Describe how to use the VB-MAPP for conducting empirical research.
Keywords: Skinner, verbal behavior, VB-MAPP, assessment, language acquisition, barriers
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals with basic background knowledge of behavior analysis. Prerequisite knowledge of Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior is not required.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Note: The 60-day access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech will no longer offer extensions for new purchases. Purchases made prior to this date will be eligible for an extension per the previous policy:
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA Learning (type-2) on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
For more information, to request an extension, or if you experience problems when registering, please email us at email@example.com
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)