BEHP1026: Applications of Verbal Behavior: Language Assessment
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Time: 5 hours
Credit: 5.5 Learning CEs
Presenter: Mark L. Sundberg, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: This webinar presents a language assessment program (the VB-MAPP) that is based on Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior and the language acquisition milestones of typically developing children.
- Describe the pros and cons of traditional language assessment.
- Explain how Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior adds to existing assessment programs.
- Define and exemplify the basic elementary verbal operants (i.e., mand, tact, intraverbal).
- Complete a VB-MAPP milestone assessment.
- Complete a VB-MAPP barriers assessment.
- Complete a VB-MAPP transition assessment.
- Describe how to use the VB-MAPP task analysis and tracking system.
- Describe how to use the VB-MAPP for conducting empirical research.
Keywords: Skinner, verbal behavior, VB-MAPP, assessment, language acquisition, barriers
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals with basic background knowledge of behavior analysis. Prerequisite knowledge of Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior is not required.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)