Full course description
Time: 5 hours
Credit: 5.5 Learning CEs
Presenter: Mark L. Sundberg, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: This webinar presents a language assessment program (the VB-MAPP) that is based on Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior and the language acquisition milestones of typically developing children.
- Describe the pros and cons of traditional language assessment.
- Explain how Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior adds to existing assessment programs.
- Define and exemplify the basic elementary verbal operants (i.e., mand, tact, intraverbal).
- Complete a VB-MAPP milestone assessment.
- Complete a VB-MAPP barriers assessment.
- Complete a VB-MAPP transition assessment.
- Describe how to use the VB-MAPP task analysis and tracking system.
- Describe how to use the VB-MAPP for conducting empirical research.
Keywords: Skinner, verbal behavior, VB-MAPP, assessment, language acquisition, barriers
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals with basic background knowledge of behavior analysis. Prerequisite knowledge of Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior is not required.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to add your certification number to your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
Refunds are not provided once a course has been accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)