Full course description
Time: 5 hours, 39 minutes
Credit: 6.5 Learning CEs
Presenter: Mark L. Sundberg, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: Describes how to develop and implement a language intervention program based on the results of a VB-MAPP assessment. A brief overview of the body of empirical research that supports the use of Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior for children with language delays is presented, as well as recommendations for a variety of teaching situations.
- Learn the basic elements of a verbal behavior intervention program.
- Review issues and recommendations regarding the use of an augmentative communication system.
- Learn methods of data collection.
- Review suggestions for program designs, generalization and teaching procedures for structured teaching sessions (DTT) and less structured teaching opportunities (NET).
- Review program recommendations for a child whose scores fall in Level 2 and 3 of the VB-MAPP.
- Review guidelines for transitioning a child to less restrictive teaching environments.
Keywords: Skinner, verbal behavior, VB-MAPP, assessment, augmentative communication, discrete trial teaching, natural environment teaching
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals with basic background knowledge of behavior analysis. We recommend that individuals complete BEHP1026 prior to taking this course.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)