Full course description
Time: 5 hours, 39 minutes
Credit: 6.5 Learning CEs
Presenter: Mark L. Sundberg, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: Describes how to develop and implement a language intervention program based on the results of a VB-MAPP assessment. A brief overview of the body of empirical research that supports the use of Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior for children with language delays is presented, as well as recommendations for a variety of teaching situations.
- Learn the basic elements of a verbal behavior intervention program.
- Review issues and recommendations regarding the use of an augmentative communication system.
- Learn methods of data collection.
- Review suggestions for program designs, generalization and teaching procedures for structured teaching sessions (DTT) and less structured teaching opportunities (NET).
- Review program recommendations for a child whose scores fall in Level 2 and 3 of the VB-MAPP.
- Review guidelines for transitioning a child to less restrictive teaching environments.
Keywords: Skinner, verbal behavior, VB-MAPP, assessment, augmentative communication, discrete trial teaching, natural environment teaching
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals with basic background knowledge of behavior analysis. We recommend that individuals complete BEHP1026 prior to taking this course.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Note: The 60-day access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech will no longer offer extensions for new purchases. Purchases made prior to this date will be eligible for an extension per the previous policy:
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA Learning (type-2) on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
For more information, to request an extension, or if you experience problems when registering, please email us at email@example.com.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
Refunds are not provided once a course has been accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)