Full course description
Time: 3 hours, 52 minutes
Credit: 4 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Iser DeLeon, Ph.D., BCBA
Course Description: Presents assessment technologies for determining the environmental variables that give rise to and maintain severe problem behavior in persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Briefly review functional assessment methodologies.
- Compare outcomes of aggregate results of functional assessment experiments involving persons with and without ASD.
- Review studies in which core diagnostic features of ASD were the focus of investigation.
- Understand how core diagnostic features of ASD can interact with aspects of the environment to give rise to severe problem behavior.
- Learn additional ways in which these interactions may occur that have not fully been considered in the treatment literature.
Keywords: Functional assessment, autism, ASD, problem behavior, environment, intellectual disability, research
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals with background knowledge of the concepts and principles of behavior analysis. Prerequisite knowledge of functional assessment methodologies and single-subject research design is recommended.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)