Full course description
*Disclaimer: This course contains information which may be repetitious for individuals who have completed our five-course (third edition) BCBA certification classes.
Time: 3 hours, 42 minutes
Credit: 4.5 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Iser DeLeon, Ph.D., BCBA
Course Description: Presents and evaluates various methods of assessing preference. Relevant research is reviewed.
- Review research regarding the low accuracy of client and caregiver reports
- Discuss selection-based preference assessments such as single and paired choice, multiple stimulus preference assessments and duration-based assessments
- Review issues such as food/nonfood stimulus preferences
- Understand the assessment of reinforcer strength with single and concurrent versus progressive ratio schedules
- Review shifts in preference and stimulus value change over time
Keywords: Preference, stimulus preference assessment, reinforcer strength
Rating: This course is recommended for behavior analysis professionals with background knowledge of the concepts and principles of behavior analysis. Prerequisite knowledge of preference assessments, single-subject research designs and simple and complex schedules of reinforcement is recommended.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)