Full course description
Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
Credit: 2 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Peter F. Gerhardt, Ed.D.
Course Description: Covers the role of the behavior analyst and the context it plays in defining appropriate sexual behavior. Includes why sexuality should be addressed and defines how the responsibilities of this education fall under the purview of the
behavior analyst. Also includes proactive behavioral interventions that can be used to teach sexuality competencies. Discusses the challenges and myths associated with teaching the importance of sexuality to learners with ASD.
- Understand the role of the behavior analyst and the context it plays in defining appropriate sexual behavior
- Learn why sexuality should be addressed and defined responsibilities of this education falling under the purview of the behavior analyst
- Describe proactive behavioral interventions that can be used to teach sexuality competencies
- Understand the importance of learning and teaching three key areas of sexuality
- Understand the challenges and myths associated with teaching learners with ASD the importance of sexuality
Keywords: Sexual instruction, intimacy, autism, education, developmental disabilities, sexual behavior
Rating: This course is geared toward practitioners, behavior analysts and therapists with a strong understanding of the principles of behavior analysis.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)