Full course description
Time: 1 hour, 37 minutes
Credit: 1.5 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Dana Gadaire, Psy.D., LCSW, BCBA
Course Description: Provides an overview of what defines developmentally appropriate sleep. Introduces the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. Includes common barriers to treatment adherence and how to identify them when medical consultation is warranted.
- Understand the basic architecture of sleep (i.e., REM and non-REM) and how the stages of sleep relate to various sleep disorders.
- Determine the amount of sleep that is developmentally appropriate at various ages.
- Identify characteristics of sleep disruption and how these characteristics might be mistaken for other neurological and developmental disorders.
- Demonstrate familiarity with common sleep disorders in pediatric populations.
- Screen for common sleep disorders as well as identify signs that medical consultation is warranted.
- Identify multiple behavioral functions of bedtime resistance and night-time waking.
- Understand behavioral treatments for behavioral insomnia, parasomnia, sleep-wake schedule disorders and nocturnal enuresis (bed-wetting).
Keywords: Sleep, bedtime resistance, insomnia, nightmares, night terrors
Rating: This course is recommended for individuals who have an understanding of the basic concepts and principles of behavior analysis and who are interested in obtaining a preliminary understanding of behavioral sleep medicine.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)