BEHP1109: Best Teaching Practices: Research in the Trenches
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 50 minutes
Credit: 3 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: William H. Ahearn, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: Discusses systematic evaluations of teaching procedures conducted with students in a school for children with ASDs. Includes evaluations for establishing behavior chains, verbal behavior and strategies for remediation that should be implemented when necessary.
- Describe what is meant by best practice.
- Describe the characteristics of autism as they relate to effective treatment.
- Describe common elements of effective intervention.
- Describe how most-to-least and least-to-most prompting procedures affect acquisition of task analyzed routines.
- Describe procedures prompt fading procedures.
- Predict whether teaching procedures will be effective for establishing skills.
- Understand procedures for remediating slow (or no) learning.
- Understand potential prerequisite skills for video modeling.
Keywords: ABA, autism, ASD, education, teaching, goals, remediation, assessment, effective instruction
Rating: This course is recommended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and those who assess and teach children with autism. Background knowledge of ABA is required.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Note: The 60-day access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech will no longer offer extensions for new purchases. Purchases made prior to this date will be eligible for an extension per the previous policy:
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA Learning (type-2) on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
For more information, to request an extension, or if you experience problems when registering, please email us at email@example.com
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)