Full course description
Time: 3 hours, 28 minutes
Credit: 4 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: William H. Ahearn, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: Examines how stereotypy is socially stigmatizing and can interfere with skill acquisition. Includes interventions for directly treating stereotypy (response competition, response interruption or redirection). Discusses strategies for building functional skills from direct instruction of functional engagement to video modeling and verbal operant training.
- Learn why stereotypy is thought to occur.
- Learn how stereotypy is typically measured.
- Learn how stereotypy can be functionally assessed.
- Understand indirectly treating stereotypy by promoting functional skills.
- Identify activities that effectively compete with stereotypy.
- Learn procedures for implementing response interruption/redirection of stereotypy.
- Understand potential concerns when implementing response interruption/redirection of stereotypy.
- Learn procedures for complementing response interruption/redirection procedures (including verbal operant training and video modeling).
Keywords: Stereotypic behavior, autism, developmental disabilities, video modeling, response interruption
Rating: This course will be useful for individuals involved in the field of behavior analysis who are working with individuals with stereotypy or those who are interested in this application. Participants should be familiar with some of the basics of behavior analysis.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)