Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 12 minutes
Credit: 2.5 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: T. V. Joe Layng, Ph.D.
Course Description: Approaches to clinical Intervention involve reducing a disturbing pattern (DP) or increasing a target pattern, with regimens that feature self-monitoring, feedback, reward or punishment (as one of several topical approaches). Another approach involves resolving consequential matrices or building new patterns that resolve the matrices so the DP is no longer required. This approach is considered systemic. Both the described topical and systemic approaches are presented with case studies and are not mutually exclusive.
- Define consequential contingency.
- Describe the consequential and alternative contingency elements in contingency packages.
- Understand contingency management and functional analysis.
- Understand constructional and pathological approaches.
- Know the four main components of a constructional intervention.
- Understand the relation between the constructional interview, case presentation guide, program worksheets, and logs.
- Explain why the recurrence of disturbing behavior may occur.
- Distinguish between linear and nonlinear contingency analysis.
Keywords: Intervention, disturbing pattern (DP), self-monitoring, topical approach, systemic approach, consequential matrix, target patterns, covert stimuli, contingency management, constructional approach, anxiety, agoraphobia, emotion
Rating: This course is recommended for BCBAs and BCaBAs with background knowledge of the concepts and principles of behavior analysis.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)