BEHP1151: Why Physical Activity Matters and What To Do About It
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Time: 3 hours, 16 minutes
Credit: 4 Learning CEs
Presenter: Nick Green, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Health is a variable that plays a factor in all of our lives. Even with the rise of gloomy health statistics, much of applied behavior analysis literature and practice does not focus on improving physical health and wellness of consumers. A scientific approach to understanding areas such as physical activity and hunger can provide practitioners a new set of focus areas when applying behavior analysis. This course provides an in-depth understanding of how to define, measure and improve physical health. Throughout the course, participants will learn how a behavior analytic approach can improve their own, consumers’ or employees’ physical health and well-being.
- Define health and physical health.
- List physical activity recommendations for children, adults and older adults.
- Select appropriate dependent variables related to physical activity.
- Describe successful interventions related to physical activity.
- State an evolutionary understanding of physical activity and movement.
- Describe the principles of basic nutrition and fat accumulation.
- Expand upon motivating operations related to physical activity and hunger.
- List maintaining variables related to healthy behaviors.
- Define sedentary behavior.
- List multiple risks associated with sedentary behavior.
- Describe ethical issues related to physical health.
Keywords: Health, fitness
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals who have background knowledge of behavior analysis, including motivating operations and contingency management.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)