Full course description
Time: 3 hours, 16 minutes
Credit: 4 Learning CEs
Presenter: Nick Green, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Health is a variable that plays a factor in all of our lives. Even with the rise of gloomy health statistics, much of applied behavior analysis literature and practice does not focus on improving physical health and wellness of consumers. A scientific approach to understanding areas such as physical activity and hunger can provide practitioners a new set of focus areas when applying behavior analysis. This course provides an in-depth understanding of how to define, measure and improve physical health. Throughout the course, participants will learn how a behavior analytic approach can improve their own, consumers’ or employees’ physical health and well-being.
- Define health and physical health.
- List physical activity recommendations for children, adults and older adults.
- Select appropriate dependent variables related to physical activity.
- Describe successful interventions related to physical activity.
- State an evolutionary understanding of physical activity and movement.
- Describe the principles of basic nutrition and fat accumulation.
- Expand upon motivating operations related to physical activity and hunger.
- List maintaining variables related to healthy behaviors.
- Define sedentary behavior.
- List multiple risks associated with sedentary behavior.
- Describe ethical issues related to physical health.
Keywords: Health, fitness
Rating: This course is recommended for professionals who have background knowledge of behavior analysis, including motivating operations and contingency management.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
If you experience problems when registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number to your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)