Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
Credit: 2.5 LEARNING CEUs
Presenter: Karin Torsiello, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Educates and creates awareness about the lives and behaviors of children in foster care. As students become familiar with the background, history and common behavior problems, they will also be led to think about possible treatments and ways, as ABA providers, they can create an impact and treat these children effectively.
- Heighten awareness of ABA practitioners.
- Identify how ABA providers are needed to treat this population of children.
- Gain perspective.
- Identify strategies that will aid in reducing placement disruptions.
- Describe strategies to create environments that support children in foster care.
- Recognize and become familiar with the statistical outcomes for children in foster care.
- Learn how to treat a child trauma survivor.
- Learn to guide and teach a caregiver and child constructively.
- Learn how to teach emotional control to caregivers.
- Learn how emotional responding can be assessed and treated.
- Become familiar with clinician aids that are helpful in treatment.
Keywords: Foster care, children, trauma, parent training, skill acquisition, proactive, positive, discipline
Rating: This course is intended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other practitioners who are working or interested in working with children in the foster care system.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
If you experience problems when registering, please call 321-674-8382, option 2.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to include your BACB certification number when creating your student profile, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023).