Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
Credit: 2.5 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Karin Torsiello, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Educates and creates awareness about the lives and behaviors of children in foster care. As students become familiar with the background, history and common behavior problems, they will also be led to think about possible treatments and ways, as ABA providers, they can create an impact and treat these children effectively.
- Heighten awareness of ABA practitioners.
- Identify how ABA providers are needed to treat this population of children.
- Gain perspective.
- Identify strategies that will aid in reducing placement disruptions.
- Describe strategies to create environments that support children in foster care.
- Recognize and become familiar with the statistical outcomes for children in foster care.
- Learn how to treat a child trauma survivor.
- Learn to guide and teach a caregiver and child constructively.
- Learn how to teach emotional control to caregivers.
- Learn how emotional responding can be assessed and treated.
- Become familiar with clinician aids that are helpful in treatment.
Keywords: Foster care, children, trauma, parent training, skill acquisition, proactive, positive, discipline
Rating: This course is intended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other practitioners who are working or interested in working with children in the foster care system.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)