BEHP1186: Getting to Know Children in Foster Care
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 19 minutes
Credit: 2.5 Learning CEs
Presenter: Karin Torsiello, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Educates and creates awareness about the lives and behaviors of children in foster care. As students become familiar with the background, history and common behavior problems, they will also be led to think about possible treatments and ways, as ABA providers, they can create an impact and treat these children effectively.
- Heighten awareness of ABA practitioners.
- Identify how ABA providers are needed to treat this population of children.
- Gain perspective.
- Identify strategies that will aid in reducing placement disruptions.
- Describe strategies to create environments that support children in foster care.
- Recognize and become familiar with the statistical outcomes for children in foster care.
- Learn how to treat a child trauma survivor.
- Learn to guide and teach a caregiver and child constructively.
- Learn how to teach emotional control to caregivers.
- Learn how emotional responding can be assessed and treated.
- Become familiar with clinician aids that are helpful in treatment.
Keywords: Foster care, children, trauma, parent training, skill acquisition, proactive, positive, discipline
Rating: This course is intended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other practitioners who are working or interested in working with children in the foster care system.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Note: The 60-day access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech will no longer offer extensions for new purchases. Purchases made prior to this date will be eligible for an extension per the previous policy:
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA Learning (type-2) on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
For more information, to request an extension, or if you experience problems when registering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)