Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
Credit: 2.5 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Karin Torsiello, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Teaches strategies to treat children who are victims of abuse and neglect. It will help practitioners of ABA understand trauma and the effects it has on the developing child and emerging behavior problems.
- Heighten awareness of ABA practitioners.
- Learn how to respond and treat a child trauma survivor.
- Discover how to respond appropriately to anger and aggression that is triggered by trauma.
- Learn to guide and teach a caregiver and child constructively.
- Learn how to teach emotional control to caregivers.
- Learn how emotional responding can be assessed and treated.
- Learn how to assess and treat anger and aggressive behavior.
- Gain an introduction to clinician aids that are helpful in treatment.
Keywords: Foster care, children, anger, aggression, anger management, parent training, skill acquisition, proactive, positive, discipline
Rating: This course is intended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other practitioners who are working or interested in working with children who are the victims of abuse and neglect, particularly those who have anger and aggression issues.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)