Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
Credit: 2.5 type-2 BACB CEs
Presenter: Karin Torsiello, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Teaches strategies to treat children who are victims of abuse and neglect. It will help practitioners of ABA understand trauma and the effects it has on the developing child and emerging behavior problems.
- Heighten awareness of ABA practitioners.
- Learn how to respond and treat a child trauma survivor.
- Discover how to respond appropriately to anger and aggression that is triggered by trauma.
- Learn to guide and teach a caregiver and child constructively.
- Learn how to teach emotional control to caregivers.
- Learn how emotional responding can be assessed and treated.
- Learn how to assess and treat anger and aggressive behavior.
- Gain an introduction to clinician aids that are helpful in treatment.
Keywords: Foster care, children, anger, aggression, anger management, parent training, skill acquisition, proactive, positive, discipline
Rating: This course is intended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other practitioners who are working or interested in working with children who are the victims of abuse and neglect, particularly those who have anger and aggression issues.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
If you experience problems when registering, please call 321-674-8382, option 2.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to include your BACB certification number when creating your student profile, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023).