Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes, 5 seconds
Credit: 2.5 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Karin Torsiello, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Instruction and guidance to take students’ use of The Secrets of Modern Parenting (SMP) instructional DVD series to the next level. Students can replicate this program on a large scale in their service area.
- Introduction to the trainer’s manual that opens this program up to large-scale replication
- Identify benefits of choosing this program
- Learn how to hire staff and run an orientation to train staff competently the first time
- Determine how to incorporate in your region
- Identify parental competencies and how to teach and measure
- Learn chosen outcome measure and how and why to collect data
- Learn the service plan for each of the 12 sessions and how to determine competency
- What to do if competency is not met
- How to get started
- Learn to identify key elements of a successful case file and organization of a program
- Learn how to teach successfully
Keywords: Program, replication, parent training, skill acquisition, proactive, positive, discipline, TTP
Rating: This course recommended for professionals, including BCBAs and BCaBAs, who are interested in training parents, caregivers and others to implement behavior-based strategies.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
If you experience problems when registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to add your certification number to your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023).