Full course description
Time: 1 hour, 49 minutes, 11 seconds
Credit: 2 Learning BACB CEs
Presenter: Thomas Szabo, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: This presentation will outline several aspects of verbal behavior related to relational frame theory (RFT), including stimulus equivalence and rule governance, and will explore how this framework can be applied to improve relational repertoires in multiple populations. Additionally, behavioral flexibility training (BFT) will be defined and emphasized through the presenter’s own research on BFT.
- Define transformation of stimulus function.
- Identify strengths and refinements that improve Skinner’s conceptualization of verbal behavior.
- Contrast contingency-shaped and rule-governed behavior.
- Discuss equivalence as a phenomenon that posed challenges to operant theory.
- List the relational repertoires most critical to behavioral flexibility.
- Identify applied RFT strategies to improve relational repertoires.
- Identify BFT strategies to improve relational flexibility.
- Analyze results from recent BFT studies.
Keywords: Relational frame theory, RFT, behavioral flexibility training, BFT, rule insensitivity, stimulus equivalence, verbal behavior
Rating: This course is recommended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other professionals who have basic background knowledge of behavior analysis, including prerequisite knowledge of verbal operants.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)