Full course description
Time: 1 hour, 49 minutes, 11 seconds
Credit: 2 LEARNING CEUs
Presenter: Thomas Szabo, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Course Description: This presentation will outline several aspects of verbal behavior related to relational frame theory (RFT), including stimulus equivalence and rule governance, and will explore how this framework can be applied to improve relational repertoires in multiple populations. Additionally, behavioral flexibility training (BFT) will be defined and emphasized through the presenter’s own research on BFT.
- Define transformation of stimulus function.
- Identify strengths and refinements that improve Skinner’s conceptualization of verbal behavior.
- Contrast contingency-shaped and rule-governed behavior.
- Discuss equivalence as a phenomenon that posed challenges to operant theory.
- List the relational repertoires most critical to behavioral flexibility.
- Identify applied RFT strategies to improve relational repertoires.
- Identify BFT strategies to improve relational flexibility.
- Analyze results from recent BFT studies.
Keywords: Relational frame theory, RFT, behavioral flexibility training, BFT, rule insensitivity, stimulus equivalence, verbal behavior
Rating: This course is recommended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other professionals who have basic background knowledge of behavior analysis, including prerequisite knowledge of verbal operants.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks' access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
If you experience problems when registering, please call 321-674-8382, option 2.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to include your BACB certification number when creating your student profile, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023).