Full course description
Time: 3 hours, 33 minutes
Credits: 4 Learning CEs
Presenter: Thomas Freeman, M.S., BCBA
Course Description: Covers best practices for coordinating behavioral services with healthcare professionals; medication management; current literature on medication’s efficacy in treating problem behavior; the psychotropic drug classes, their common uses and potential side effects; and the historical use of psychotropic medications with individuals with ASD or intellectual disabilities.
- Assess the big picture regarding the roles and responsibilities of behavior analysts in their clients’ medication management process.
- Recite the basic terminology of behavioral pharmacology, the main classes of psychotropic medication and the side effects of the medication.
- Explain the history and current status of psychotropic medication use.
- Critique the research findings on the current prevalence of psychotropic medication use.
- Describe how behavior analysts can influence their clients’ medication management process.
Keywords: ABA, behavioral pharmacology, psychopharmacology, psychotropic medication, medication management
Rating: This course is recommended for anyone with an interest in psychopharmacology and behavior analysis. It is recommended that participants have some experience with the basic concepts of behavior analysis, as well as some exposure to research methodology.
Access: 2 weeks
Note: The two weeks begin at time of purchase, not time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA type-2 on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
If you experience problems when registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number to your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of learning type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023).