Full course description
Time: 2 hour, 19 minutes
Credits: 2.5 LEARNING CEUs, which can also be used for supervision
Presenter: Janis Allen, B.A.
Course Description: Describes the development and implementation of the performance scorecard, an objective tool for conducting a performance appraisal. Key performance indicators for individuals are defined as the building blocks for the scorecard, which is created jointly by the supervisor and the appraisee. How to use coaching and positive reinforcement as essential elements in the implementation of the scorecard.
- Identify the purpose of a performance measuring tool or appraisal
- List the advantages of objective tools
- Learn how to initiate the development of a performance scorecard from scratch with an individual supervisee
- Identify ways to involve the appraisee in the development of his or her scorecard
- Learn the five-step model to jointly build the scorecard over time
- Identify potential pitfalls and causes for resistance from the appraisee and how to prevent or overcome them
- Learn how to coach the appraisee to calculate and post initial trial scores
- Analyze performance data to adjust goals on the scorecard
- Identify specific supervisee behaviors which should be reinforced
- List ways to develop a reinforcement plan
The student registered for the course may request to drop the course as long as it is within 30 days of registration and they have not completed anything beyond Module 2. To officially drop the course and receive a refund please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the drop survey. The completed drop survey must be received within this time period to be dropped from the course and to receive a refund. The refund is returned to the credit card that was used to pay for the training.
- Courses less than $100: $25
- Courses greater than $100, but less than $300: $50
Please be very careful when creating your profile on the shopping cart. Once created, a shopping cart profile cannot be edited by either the student or the staff of Continuing Education. If information is entered incorrectly, a new account will have to be created.