BEHP1236: Leading Lean/Six Sigma in Healthcare: Making the Changes Last
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes
Credits: 3 Learning CEs
Presenter: Michael McCarthy, M.Ed.
Course Description: Describes how to integrate OBM Sustain practices into the leadership of Lean / Six-Sigma for healthcare with the goal of making the changes last. Describes the resulting decrease in the need for leader retraining, retelling and restarting programs and the benefit of leaders spending less time in crisis management and having more time to seek out new opportunities for improvement, versus time spent struggling to keep old process changes going.
- Identify how the purpose of Lean can be applied to healthcare.
- Identify how Lean process-improvement tools can apply to healthcare.
- Analyze how changed healthcare processes require reinforcement of new behaviors.
- List reasons healthcare process improvements fail to be sustained.
- List the steps a leader can take to sustain healthcare process improvements.
- Practice creating a new process checklist.
- Practice reinforcing behaviors listed on the checklist.
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Important notes: Your access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in. Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech no longer offers extensions for CE courses; if you do not finish your course and need to repurchase, please contact us. If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
For more information, if you experience problems when registering, or if you need to repurchase a CE please email us at email@example.com
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.