Full course description
Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes
Credits: 3 LEARNING CEUs
Presenter: Michael McCarthy, M.Ed.
Course Description: Describes how to integrate OBM Sustain practices into the leadership of Lean / Six-Sigma for healthcare with the goal of making the changes last. Describes the resulting decrease in the need for leader retraining, retelling and restarting programs and the benefit of leaders spending less time in crisis management and having more time to seek out new opportunities for improvement, versus time spent struggling to keep old process changes going.
- Identify how the purpose of Lean can be applied to healthcare.
- Identify how Lean process-improvement tools can apply to healthcare.
- Analyze how changed healthcare processes require reinforcement of new behaviors.
- List reasons healthcare process improvements fail to be sustained.
- List the steps a leader can take to sustain healthcare process improvements.
- Practice creating a new process checklist.
- Practice reinforcing behaviors listed on the checklist.
The student registered for the course may request to drop the course as long as it is within 30 days of registration and they have not completed anything beyond Module 2. To officially drop the course and receive a refund please contact email@example.com and submit the drop survey. The completed drop survey must be received within this time period to be dropped from the course and to receive a refund. The refund is returned to the credit card that was used to pay for the training.
- Courses less than $100: $25
- Courses greater than $100, but less than $300: $50
Please be very careful when creating your profile on the shopping cart. Once created, a shopping cart profile cannot be edited by either the student or the staff of Continuing Education. If information is entered incorrectly, a new account will have to be created.