Full course description
Time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
Credit: 4.5 Learning CEs, 3.5 SHRM or 3.5 HRCI credits
Presenter: Dr. Thor Flosason
Course Description: Provides a comprehensive overview of learning in the context of the workplace, including needs assessment, evaluation and more. Takes a pragmatic approach to learning in the workplace, based on extensive research in behavior analysis and other related disciplines. These approaches have been validated in organizations over many decades, and will provide professionals in behavior analysis and organizational behavior management tools that can be used in their practices.
- Describe how to conduct a needs analysis;
- Determine when a learning intervention is required;
- Design, develop and implement learning interventions;
- Evaluate learning interventions for their effectiveness;
- Describe the evolution of workplace learning from a historical standpoint;
- Use antecedent interventions to improve performance of learners in the workplace;
- Describe ADDIE, a commonly used instructional design model, and the components within;
- Critically analyze popular trends in workplace learning and determine which are supported from an empirical standpoint.
This course is recommended for BCBAs, BCaBAs and other individuals interested in the effective training and management of employees.
Keywords: Workplace, learning, OBM, organization, training, management
Access: 60 days from the date and time of registration
Note: The 60-day access begins at the time of purchase, not the time of log in; purchasing multiple course subscriptions will not extend your access.
Effective July 1, 2022, Florida Tech will no longer offer extensions for new purchases. Purchases made prior to this date will be eligible for an extension per the previous policy:
Effective July 23, 2018, each ABA Learning (type-2) on-demand CE course may be extended a maximum of three times within six months of the original course purchase. After six months from the original date of purchase, the course will need to be purchased again.
For more information, to request an extension, or if you experience problems when registering, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note: If you are taking this course to maintain your BACB certification, you will need to write your certification number on your certificate of completion, as the BACB requires that your certificate of completion includes your certification number.
No refunds are provided once the course is accessed.
These workshops are presented in partnership between the Florida Tech ABA Online program and ABA Technologies, Inc. ABA Technologies, Inc., is a BACB-approved provider of type-2 continuing education hours (provider number: OP-02-0023)